Faux-Nog Chia Pudding
If you have kids and celebrate Christmas, I’m guessing tomorrow morning will be spent surrounded with toys, wrapping paper and lots of joy. Stopping in the middle of all of that to make breakfast can be a little bit of a buzz kill. Here’s something you can make today (in about 5 minutes) and have ready to go tomorrow morning (or in about 30 minutes, if you want it today). Intended to be served cold but can easily be heated up for an even cozier option!
• 2 Cups Non-Dairy Milk
• 1 Banana
• 1-2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup (to taste)
• 6 Tablespoons Chia Seeds (reserve in a large mixing bowl)
• 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
• Hefty Pinches (to taste) of Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Cardamom
• Small Pinch of Salt (optional)
• Small Pinch of Ginger (optional)
Blend all ingredients (except for Chia Seeds) until fully combined. Pour into a bowl over the Chia Seeds and mix until fully combined. Spoon the mixture into glasses and refrigerate overnight (or for at least 30 minutes).
Simple. Sweet. Protein Packed. Fiber Filled and a Total Crowd Pleaser!!
May your holidays be a little simpler, a lot healthier and just as sweet!!