Out of the Red and into the Green(s)
More often than I'd care to admit - I'm running around like a headless chicken just trying to get all of my s*it done.
It is not uncommon for me to consider just grabbing a bar or a handful of almonds but then I'm reminded to - as @drlibby calls it - get out of my perceived, stressed out "red zone", take a few diaphragmatic breathes, get into my "green zone" and take 10 minutes for myself to have a quick, nutrient dense, nourishing meal.
Todays lunch took 2 minutes to make:
- Leftover Brown Rice - reheated
- Placed over a bed of mixed greens
- Squirted with the juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Add 1/4 can (bra free lining) of organic black beans (rinsed)
- a hearty spoonful of @ozukepickledthings citrus and ginger kraut or your other favorite kraut
- a sprinkling of homemade vegan parmesan (recipe here)
- Followed by hearty sprinkles of:
So easy - so quick - so healthy - so good!!
I feel satiated, nourished, recharged, energized and relaxed.
How are you nourishing yourself today?